# Web Monitoring Proxy
This package adds a web proxy to the ServicePilot Agent, Web sub-agent for use by other web packages.
This package configures the ServicePilot Agent with a web proxy definition. The Web Monitoring Proxy package can be imported multiple times per ServicePilot Agent as long as the proxy names are unique. One of these definitions can then be used per web packages to collect statistics.
A proxy definition consists of a unique name, proxy IP address and port and any login credentials if required.
- ServicePilot Manager minimum version: 8.5 - ServicePilot Agent minimum version: 8.5 installed and configured
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place and if a ServicePilot Agent is required, that it is communicating correctly with the ServicePilot Manager.
Add resource using Views Configuration web interface
- As an administrative user of ServicePilot, open the ServicePilot web interface.
- Navigate to Administration. The Configuration > Views web page will open.
- Click on the view in which to place the new resource in the Views hierarchy on the left of the interface. The View editor section will show the existing view contents.
- From the Packages list on the right of the interface, click and drag the application-web-monitoring-proxy package into the View editor and let go.
- The Package properties dialog box will open to allow resource configuration.
- Click OK to close the Package properties dialog box. Note that the dialog box will not close if required parameters are not set.
- Click Save to apply the new resource to ServicePilot configuration.
Key field notes
- Parameters tab:
- Web Proxy Definition Name: Give a unique name to the web proxy definition. This will be used as the Proxy reference in the configuration of other Web packages.
- Proxy IP address: IP address of the web proxy
- Proxy Port: TCP port of the web proxy
- Proxy User ID (if required): User ID to use for the web proxy, if required
- Proxy Password (if required): Password to use for the web proxy, if required
- Proxy Domain (if required): Domain to use for the web proxy, if required
This package provides proxy definitions for an instance of a ServicePilot Agent. This package might need to be imported multiple times for different ServicePilot Agents or different proxy definitions.