# Web Application Scenario
This package monitors a Web server Response Time via a scenario (a series of web requests).
This package automatically configures the ServicePilot Agent to collect statistics from a Web Application Scenario using the ServicePilot Agent by checking Server Response Time for a series of web requests.
Network Flows - It is is necessary to ensure network connectivity between ServicePilot and the monitored device. In case of a network infrastructure using a firewall, all the ports below must be opened:
- TCP/80 (Default) (HTTP): Between ServicePilot Agent and Web Server
- ServicePilot Manager minimum version: 8.5
- ServicePilot Agent minimum version: 8.5 installed and configured
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place and that ServicePilot Agent is communicating correctly with the ServicePilot Manager.
Add resource using Views Configuration web interface
- As an administrative user of ServicePilot, open the ServicePilot web interface.
- Navigate to Administration. The Configuration > Views web page will open.
- Click on the view in which to place the new resource in the Views hierarchy on the left of the interface. The View editor section will show the existing view contents.
- From the Packages list on the right of the interface, click and drag the application-web-scenario package into the View editor and let go.
- The Resource properties dialog box will open to allow resource configuration.
- Click OK to close the Resource properties dialog box. Note that the dialog box will not close if required parameters are not set.
- Click Save to apply the new resource to ServicePilot configuration.
- Check if the object has been created in your map and that indicators are populated after a few minutes.
|Object Type||License object Consumed||Condition|
Key field notes
In the Monitoring Policies tab, specify the policy or policies to apply to the resource
Basic Parameters tab:
Scenario Condition: Select if one page or all pages are OK
First URL Parameters: tab:
- First URL: Specify the first URL of the Web site
- HTTPS?: Set it on to use HTTPS instead of HTTP
- HTTP Login: Specify the username
- HTTP Password: Specify the password
- HTTP Mode: Select between GET or POST from the drop down menu
- POST Parameters: (only for POST mode) Specify the required post parameters
Second URL Parameters tab is completed using the same guidelines as for First URL Parameters tab