# Brocade Switch
This package is built to monitor Brocade Switch devices using SNMP. Statistics are collected for a single device , in order to provide an overall view of the status and health of the different system and board components of the device.
This package automatically configures the ServicePilot Manager to collect statistics from the Brocade Switch device based on
SNMP collection. The different statistics gathered this way include:
- Fiber Channel Ports
SNMP service must be configured and started on the targeted Brocade Switch(Security: read-only SNMP community and allowed host must be set).
Network Flows - It is is necessary to ensure network connectivity between ServicePilot and the monitored device. In case of a network infrastructure using a firewall, all the ports below must be opened:
- UDP/161 (SNMP): Between ServicePilot Manager and Brocade Switch
- ICMP/Echo Request (Ping): Between ServicePilot Manager and Brocade Switch
- UDP/162 (SNMP Trap): (Optional) Between Brocade Switch and ServicePilot Agent
- ServicePilot Manager minimum version: 8.5
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place and if a ServicePilot Agent is required, that it is communicating correctly with the ServicePilot Manager.
Add resource using Views Configuration web interface
- As an administrative user of ServicePilot, open the ServicePilot web interface.
- Navigate to Administration. The Configuration > Views web page will open.
- Click on the view in which to place the new resource in the Views hierarchy on the left of the interface. The View editor section will show the existing view contents.
- From the Packages list on the right of the interface, click and drag the network-brocade-switch package into the View editor and let go.
- The Resource properties dialog box will open to allow resource configuration.
- Click OK to close the Resource properties dialog box. Note that the dialog box will not close if required parameters are not set.
- Click Save to apply the new resource to ServicePilot configuration.
|Object Type||License object Consumed||Condition|
|Sensors||1 per sensor table entry|
|Fiber Channel Ports||1 per fiber channel port table entry|
Key field notes
In the Monitoring Policies tab, specify the policy or policies to apply to the resource
- Basic Parameters tab:
- IP address: Specify the IP address of the Brocade Switch, as resolvable by the machine on which the ServicePilot Manager is running