# Infoblox Appliance
This package is designed to monitor an Infoblox Appliance using SNMP.
This package automatically configures the ServicePilot Manager to monitor Infoblox Appliance switch based on an
SNMP collection. The statistics gathered in this way include:
- Network: Ping Response Time and Interfaces activity
- System: CPU, Storage and Memory
- Services: DHCP,DNS, NTP, Replication
SNMP Servicemust be configured (Security: read-only SNMP community and allowed host must be set) and started on the targeted machine.
Network Flows - It is is necessary to ensure network connectivity between ServicePilot and the monitored device. In case of a network infrastructure using a firewall, all the ports below must be opened:
- UDP/161 (SNMP): Between ServicePilot Manager and Infoblox Appliance
- ICMP/Echo Request (Ping): Between ServicePilot Manager and Infoblox Appliance
- UDP/162 (SNMP Trap): (Optional) Between Infoblox Appliance and ServicePilot Agent
- ServicePilot Manager minimum version: 8.5
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place and if a ServicePilot Agent is required, that it is communicating correctly with the ServicePilot Manager.
Add resource using Views Configuration web interface
- As an administrative user of ServicePilot, open the ServicePilot web interface.
- Navigate to Administration. The Configuration > Views web page will open.
- Click on the view in which to place the new resource in the Views hierarchy on the left of the interface. The View editor section will show the existing view contents.
- From the Packages list on the right of the interface, click and drag the network-infoblox-appliance package into the View editor and let go.
- The Resource properties dialog box will open to allow resource configuration.
- Click OK to close the Resource properties dialog box. Note that the dialog box will not close if required parameters are not set.
- Click Save to apply the new resource to ServicePilot configuration.
Key field notes
In the Monitoring Policies tab, specify the policy or policies to apply to the resource
Basic Parameters tab:
- IP address: Specify the IP address of the Infoblox Appliance, as resolvable by the machine on which ServicePilot Manager is running
Monitoring Options tab:
- Enable Replication monitoring: Tick to enable replication monitoring
- Enable subnet monitoring: Tick to enable subnet monitoring