This package is designed to monitor a Riverbed Central Management Controller appliance using SNMP.
This package automatically configures the ServicePilot Manager to collect statistics from the Riverbed Central Management Controller appliance in terms of CPU, Memory, Network Interfaces based on an
SNMP collection.Network Interfaces will be automatically discovered.
SNMP service must be installed, configured and started on the targeted Riverbed Central Management Controller Appliance(Security: read-only SNMP community and allowed host must be set).
Network Flows - It is necessary to ensure network connectivity between ServicePilot and the monitored device. In case of a network infrastructure with a firewall, all of the following flows must be opened:
- UDP/161 (SNMP): Between ServicePilot Manager and Riverbed Appliance
- ICMP/Echo Request (Ping): Between ServicePilot Manager and Riverbed Appliance
- UDP/162 (SNMP Trap): (Optional) Between Riverbed Appliance and ServicePilot Agent
- ServicePilot Manager minimum version: 8.5
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place and if a ServicePilot Agent is required, that it is communicating correctly with the ServicePilot Manager.
Add resource using Views Configuration web interface
- As an administrative user of ServicePilot, open the ServicePilot web interface.
- Navigate to Administration. The Configuration > Views web page will open.
- Click on the view in which to place the new resource in the Views hierarchy on the left of the interface. The View editor section will show the existing view contents.
- From the Packages list on the right of the interface, click and drag the network-riverbed-central-management-controller package into the View editor and let go.
- The Resource properties dialog box will open to allow resource configuration.
- Click OK to close the Resource properties dialog box. Note that the dialog box will not close if required parameters are not set.
- Click Save to apply the new resource to ServicePilot configuration.
Key field notes
In General tab, use Policies to specify SNMP parameters and thresholds
Basic Parameters tab:
- IP address: Specify the IP address, host name or FQDN for the Riverbed Appliance, as resolvable by the machine on which ServicePilot Manager is running
Monitoring Options tab:
- ICMP Ping: Set it on to get Ping status.
- System: Set it on to get statistics for system performance.
- Interfaces: Set it on to get details about interfaces.
- Processes: Set it on to get statistics for all running processes.
- Appliances: Set it on to get statistics for all associated appliances.