# VoIP FTP Server
The ServicePilot Manager VoIP FTP Server package configures the ServicePilot Agent with FTP Server configuration parameters used by a number of VoIP packages.
The VoIP FTP Server package configures the ServicePilot Agent to enable an FTP server that can receive call records. One VoIP FTP Server package is expected to be deployed per ServicePilot Agent if an FTP server is required. Up to 10 user accounts can be specified, each with a home directory. These home directories are expected to be subdirectories of the FTP server root directory. One user can be used by multiple devices to send call records to ServicePilot, although each device needs to store details in a separate directory.
Network Flows - It is is necessary to ensure network connectivity between ServicePilot and the monitored device. In case of a network infrastructure using a firewall, the port below must be opened:
- ServicePilot Manager Web server access (by default TCP/80 when using HTTP or TCP/443 when using HTTPS although this port is configurable): Between ServicePilot Agent and ServicePilot Manager
- TCP/21 (Default) (FTP Control): Between devices sending call records to ServicePilot and ServicePilot Agent
- TCP/1024-65535 (FTP Data Active mode): Between ServicePilot Agent and devices sending call records to ServicePilot
- ServicePilot Manager minimum version: 8.5
- ServicePilot Agent minimum version: 8.5 installed and configured
- Only one instance of the VoIP FTP Server package may be imported per ServicePilot Agent deployed
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place and if a ServicePilot Agent is required, that it is communicating correctly with the ServicePilot Manager.
Add resource using Views Configuration web interface
- As an administrative user of ServicePilot, open the ServicePilot web interface.
- Navigate to Administration. The Configuration > Views web page will open.
- Click on the view in which to place the new resource in the Views hierarchy on the left of the interface. The View editor section will show the existing view contents.
- From the Packages list on the right of the interface, click and drag the voip-ftp-server package into the View editor and let go.
- The Resource properties dialog box will open to allow resource configuration.
- Click OK to close the Resource properties dialog box. Note that the dialog box will not close if required parameters are not set.
- Click Save to apply the new resource to ServicePilot configuration.
Key field notes
In the Monitoring Policies tab, specify the policy or policies to apply to the resource
Basic Parameters tab:
- FTP Port: Specify TCP FTP Port to establish an FTP session and connect to an FTP server that listens on this port(Default: 21)
- FTP Root Directory: Specify the Root Directory starting with "C:\"
User 1 tab:
- Define user: Select Yes from the drop down if you wish to define a user else select No
- User ID: Specify the ID of the user
- User Password: Specify the password of the user
- User Home Directory: Specify the Home Directory which is the subdirectory of the FTP server root directory
Please proceed the same way with the rest of the tabs.