What is Microsoft Lync 2013 Front-End Roles?
Front-End Server is the core server role, it runs many basic Microsoft Lync 2013 Server functions. A Front End pool is multiple Front-end servers, configured identically, that work together to provide the Skype services for a common group of users.
- Microsoft Lync 2013 Front-end roles provide the main unified communications features of the platform :
- User authentication
- Address book services
- Instant Messaging
- Conferencing and conferences (if deployed)
- Application hosting, for both applications included with Microsoft Lync 2013 Server (such as Conferencing Attendant or Response Group application), and 3rd party applications
- Web components
- Archiving (if deployed)
Microsoft Lync 2013 Front-End Role Package Description
The ServicePilot Microsoft Lync 2013 Front-End Roles package collects Front-End Role server or pool statistics.
- This package automatically configures the ServicePilot Agent to collect statistics from Microsoft Lync 2013 Front-End Roles using WMI. It discovers and provides statistics for each Front-End role depending on the services running on the server. The statistics gathered in this way include detailed metrics for :
- Front-End Web Components Health Counters
- Front-End Server statistics
- Front-End Conferencing Health Counters
- Front-End MCUs Health Counters
- Front-End Application Sharing Multipoint Conferencing Unit Counters
- Front-End Audio-Video Multipoint Conferencing Unit Counters
- Front-End Data Multipoint Conferencing Unit Counters
- Front-End Instant Messaging Multipoint Conferencing Unit Counters...