# IP Route Analysis
This package aims at monitoring the reachability of a specific IP Address.
This package automatically configures the ServicePilot Agent in order to check the reachability of a specific IP Address by:
- Listing the intermediary IP addresses that can be found on the route to the destination
- Testing its response time
Network Flows - It is necessary to ensure network connectivity between ServicePilot and the monitored device. In case of a network infrastructure with a firewall, all of the following flows must be opened:
- ICMP: Between ServicePilot Agent and target IP address
- ServicePilot Manager minimum version: 8.5
- ServicePilot Agent minimum version: 8.5 installed and configured
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place and that ServicePilot Agent is communicating correctly with the ServicePilot Manager. Resources can be added to ServicePilot configuration using Views Configuration web interface
- As an administrative user of ServicePilot, open the ServicePilot web interface.
- Navigate to Administration. The Configuration > Views web page will open.
- Click on the view in which to place the new resource in the Views hierarchy on the left of the interface. The View editor section will show the existing view contents.
- From the Packages list on the right of the interface, click and drag the application-ip-route-analysis package into the View editor and let go.
- The Resource properties dialog box will open to allow resource configuration.
- Click OK to close the Resource properties dialog box. Note that the dialog box will not close if required parameters are not set.
- Click Save to apply the new resource to ServicePilot configuration.
- Check if the object has been created in your map and that indicators are populated after a few minutes.
|Object Type||License object Consumed||Condition|
Key field notes
In the Monitoring Policies tab, specify the policy or policies to apply to the resource
Parameters tab:Target IP address/FQDN: Specify the IP address, host name or FQDN for the target, as resolvable by the machine on which the ServicePilot Agent is runningPacket Size (bytes) (Optional) Specify the size of the packets. The 32 bytes default can be increased as required.Timeout (ms) Set the timeout. The 500 millisecond default can be increased as required.Polling Interval (sec) Set the polling interval. The 60 second default can be increased as required.