# Cisco Multicast Rendez-vous Point
This package is designed to monitor a Cisco Multicast Rendez-vous Point using SNMP.
This package automatically configures the ServicePilot Manager to collect statistics from the Cisco Multicast Rendez-vous Point based on an
SNMP Collection. The statistics gathered in this way include:
- System statistics (CPU, interfaces and ping response time),
- Multicast statistics (MSDP, MSDP Peers, Sources-Groups and ipMRoutes).
SNMP service must be configured and started on the targeted Cisco Router(Security: read-only SNMP community and allowed host must be set).
Network Flows - It is is necessary to ensure network connectivity between ServicePilot and the monitored device. In case of a network infrastructure using a firewall, all the ports below must be opened:
- UDP/161 (SNMP): Between ServicePilot Manager and Cisco Router
- ICMP/Echo Request (Ping): Between ServicePilot Manager and Cisco Router
- UDP/162 (SNMP Trap): (Optional) Between Cisco Router and ServicePilot Agent
- ServicePilot Manager minimum version: 8.5
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place and if a ServicePilot Agent is required, that it is communicating correctly with the ServicePilot Manager.
Add resource using Views Configuration web interface
- As an administrative user of ServicePilot, open the ServicePilot web interface.
- Navigate to Administration. The Configuration > Views web page will open.
- Click on the view in which to place the new resource in the Views hierarchy on the left of the interface. The View editor section will show the existing view contents.
- From the Packages list on the right of the interface, click and drag the network-cisco-multicast-rendez-vous-point package into the View editor and let go.
- The Resource properties dialog box will open to allow resource configuration.
- Click OK to close the Resource properties dialog box. Note that the dialog box will not close if required parameters are not set.
- Click Save to apply the new resource to ServicePilot configuration.
Key field notes
In the Monitoring Policies tab, specify the policy or policies to apply to the resource
- Basic Parameters tab:
- IP address: Specify the IP address of the Cisco Router, as resolvable by the machine on which ServicePilot Manager is running
- IPMROUTE STC.MIB