# Cisco UCS
This package aims at monitoring Cisco UCS Architecture using SNMP.
ServicePilot uses SNMP to monitor Cisco UCS Architecture in terms of:
- Global System Information
- Fabric Interconnect health and performance (Interfaces, Fans, Temperature sensors and Power Supplies)
- Chassis health and performance (Interfaces, Fans, Temperature sensors,Power Supplies)
- Blade Servers health and performance on each chassis
SNMP Servicemust be configured (Security: read-only SNMP community and allowed host must be set) and started on each target device.
Network Flows - It is necessary to ensure network connectivity between ServicePilot and the monitored device. In case of a network infrastructure with a firewall, all of the following flows must be opened:
- UDP/161 (SNMP): Between ServicePilot Manager and Cisco UCS
- ServicePilot Manager minimum version: 8.5
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place and if a ServicePilot Agent is required, that it is communicating correctly with the ServicePilot Manager.
Add resource using Views Configuration web interface
- As an administrative user of ServicePilot, open the ServicePilot web interface.
- Navigate to Administration. The Configuration > Views web page will open.
- Click on the view in which to place the new resource in the Views hierarchy on the left of the interface. The View editor section will show the existing view contents.
- From the Packages list on the right of the interface, click and drag the network-cisco-ucs package into the View editor and let go.
- The Package properties dialog box will open to allow resource configuration.
- Click OK to close the Package properties dialog box. Note that the dialog box will not close if required parameters are not set.
- Click Save to apply the new resource to ServicePilot configuration.
Key field notes
In the Monitoring Policies tab, specify the policy or policies to apply to the package
Basic Parameters tab:
- UCS Virtual IP address: Virtual IP address of the Cisco UCS Unit being added
Monitoring Options tab: select the resources to monitor
Fabric Interconnect tab:
- Fabric Interconnect A: Specify the name of the Fabric Interconnect A
- IP address A: Specify the IP address of Fabric Interconnect A, as resolvable by the machine on which ServicePilot Manager is running
- Fabric Interconnect B: Specify the name of the Fabric Interconnect B
- IP address B: Specify the IP address of Fabric Interconnect B, as resolvable by the machine on which ServicePilot Manager is running