# IBM AIX Server
This package is designed to monitor an IBM AIX Server using SNMP.
ServicePilot uses SNMP to monitor IBM AIX Server in terms of:
CPU and Memoryutilization
Physical Diskutilization (Optional)
Interfacestatus and utilization (Optional)
SNMP Servicemust be configured (Security: read-only SNMP community and allowed host must be set) and started on each target device.
Network Flows - It is necessary to ensure network connectivity between ServicePilot and the monitored device. In case of a network infrastructure with a firewall, all of the following flows must be opened:
- UDP/161 (SNMP): Between ServicePilot Manager and IBM AIX Server
- ICMP/Echo Request (Ping): Between ServicePilot Manager and IBM AIX Server
- UDP/162 (SNMP Trap): (Optional) Between IBM AIX Server and ServicePilot Agent
- ServicePilot Manager minimum version: 8.5
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place and if a ServicePilot Agent is required, that it is communicating correctly with the ServicePilot Manager.
Add resource using Views Configuration web interface
- As an administrative user of ServicePilot, open the ServicePilot web interface.
- Navigate to Administration. The Configuration > Views web page will open.
- Click on the view in which to place the new resource in the Views hierarchy on the left of the interface. The View editor section will show the existing view contents.
- From the Packages list on the right of the interface, click and drag the server-ibm-aix package into the View editor and let go.
- The Resource properties dialog box will open to allow resource configuration.
- Click OK to close the Resource properties dialog box. Note that the dialog box will not close if required parameters are not set.
- Click Save to apply the new resource to ServicePilot configuration.
Key field notes
In the Monitoring Policies tab, specify the policy or policies to apply to the resource
Basic Parameters tab:
- IP address/FQDN: Specify the IP address, host name or FQDN for the AIX Server, as resolvable by the machine on which the ServicePilot Manager is running
Monitoring Options tab: tick to enable the different monitoring options. The options available are:
- ICMP Ping: Tick to get a Ping status
- Interfaces: Tick to get statistics for all network interfaces
- Logical Volumes: Tick to get statistics for all disk mounts
- Physical Volumes: Tick to get statistics for all physical disks