# Sonus VX Series
The ServicePilot Sonus VX Series package collects Sonus VX Series Secure Voice Exchange statistics.
This package automatically configures the ServicePilot Manager to collect statistics from Sonus VX Series on which
SNMP Service has been configured. The statistics gathered in this way include Peer reachability statistics and status.
The Sonus VX Series package also uses a Telnet CLI connection to query Sonus VXs. The statistics gathered in this way include:
- System information
- Memory usage
- Call statistics
- Trunk usage
- SNMP must be installed and configured on the Sonus VX (Security: SNMP v2c read-only access from the ServicePilot Manager IP address)
- A Sonus VX system username and password configured
A Sonux VX CLI access password configured
Network Flows - It is is necessary to ensure network connectivity between ServicePilot and the monitored device. In case of a network infrastructure using a firewall, the port below must be opened:
- UDP/161 (SNMP): Between ServicePilot Manager and Sonus VXs
- ServicePilot Manager Web server access (by default TCP/80 when using HTTP or TCP/443 when using HTTPS although this port is configurable): Between ServicePilot Agent and ServicePilot Manager
- TCP/23 (Telnet): Between ServicePilot Agent and Sonus VXs
- UDP/162 (SNMP Trap): (Optional) Between Sonus VXs and ServicePilot Agent
- ServicePilot Manager minimum version: 8.5
- ServicePilot Agent minimum version: 8.5 installed and configured
- A Call Quality by Zone Or Network resource imported into the configuration for the ServicePilot Agent
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place and if a ServicePilot Agent is required, that it is communicating correctly with the ServicePilot Manager.
Add resource using Views Configuration web interface
- As an administrative user of ServicePilot, open the ServicePilot web interface.
- Navigate to Administration. The Configuration > Views web page will open.
- Click on the view in which to place the new resource in the Views hierarchy on the left of the interface. The View editor section will show the existing view contents.
- From the Packages list on the right of the interface, click and drag the voip-sonus-vx-series package into the View editor and let go.
- The Resource properties dialog box will open to allow resource configuration.
- Click OK to close the Resource properties dialog box. Note that the dialog box will not close if required parameters are not set.
- Click Save to apply the new resource to ServicePilot configuration.
Key field notes
In the Monitoring Policies tab, specify the policy or policies to apply to the resource
Basic Parameters tab:
- IP address/FQDN: Specify the IP address, host name or FQDN for the Sonus VX Series, as resolvable by the machine on which ServicePilot Agent is running
Access Parameters tab:
- Login to connect: Specify the Sonus VX system username configured to connect
- Password to connect: Specify the Sonus VX system password configured to connect
- Password to enable CLI: Specify the Sonux VX CLI access password configured to enable CLI
Monitoring Options tab. Select the different monitoring options to enable:
- System Monitoring
- Memory Monitoring
- Trunks Monitoring