# Cisco HSRP VLAN on C6509
This package is designed to monitor a Cisco 6509 in terms of HSRP using SNMP.
This package automatically configures the ServicePilot Manager to collect HSRP status for each VLAN on both Active and Standby Cisco HSRP router based on an
SNMP Servicemust be configured (Security: read-only SNMP community and allowed host must be set) and started on the targeted machine.
Network Flows - It is is necessary to ensure network connectivity between ServicePilot and the monitored device. In case of a network infrastructure using a firewall, all the ports below must be opened:
- UDP/161 (SNMP): Between ServicePilot Manager and Cisco HSRP routers
- UDP/162 (SNMP Trap): (Optional) Between Cisco HSRP routers and ServicePilot Agent
- ServicePilot Manager minimum version: 8.5
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place and if a ServicePilot Agent is required, that it is communicating correctly with the ServicePilot Manager.
Add resource using Views Configuration web interface
- As an administrative user of ServicePilot, open the ServicePilot web interface.
- Navigate to Administration. The Configuration > Views web page will open.
- Click on the view in which to place the new resource in the Views hierarchy on the left of the interface. The View editor section will show the existing view contents.
- From the Packages list on the right of the interface, click and drag the network-cisco-hsrp-vlan-on-c6509 package into the View editor and let go.
- The Resource properties dialog box will open to allow resource configuration.
- Click OK to close the Resource properties dialog box. Note that the dialog box will not close if required parameters are not set.
- Click Save to apply the new resource to ServicePilot configuration.
Key field notes
In the Monitoring Policies tab, specify the policy or policies to apply to the resource
- Basic Parameters tab:
- IP address of first Cisco 6509: Specify the IP address of the first Cisco HSRP router, as resolvable by the machine on which ServicePilot Manager is running
- IP address of second Cisco 6509: Specify the IP address of the second Cisco HSRP router, as resolvable by the machine on which ServicePilot Manager is running