# Network Trace
This package is designed to summarize NetFlow statistics collected for a single interface, in order to identify any suspicious host or application activity on the specified interface.
The network-netflow package, based on collection made by the ServicePilot Agent, gets aggregated statistics for network flows. The ServicePilot Agent can collect Netflow (v5, v9), SFlow or Jflow. Aggregated statistics are provided for each monitored interface : Conversations, Bytes In/Out, Packets In/Out. Conversations details are stored in a specific collection "IP Flow" in order to provide advanced dashboard presenting top host or application consuming the bandwidth of your interface.
Netflow Collectionmust be configured and started on each Netflow router.
Network Flows - It is necessary to ensure network connectivity between ServicePilot and the monitored device. In case of a network infrastructure with a firewall, all of the following flows must be opened:
- UDP/2055 (NetFlow): Between Netflow Router and ServicePilot Agent
- ServicePilot Manager minimum version: 8.5
- ServicePilot Agent minimum version: 8.5 installed and configured
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place and that ServicePilot Agent is communicating correctly with the ServicePilot Manager. Resources can be added to ServicePilot configuration using Views Configuration web interface
- As an administrative user of ServicePilot, open the ServicePilot web interface.
- Navigate to Administration. The Configuration > Views web page will open.
- Click on the view in which to place the new resource in the Views hierarchy on the left of the interface. The View editor section will show the existing view contents.
- From the Packages list on the right of the interface, click and drag the network-netflow package into the View editor and let go.
- The Package properties dialog box will open to allow resource configuration.
- Click OK to close the Package properties dialog box. Note that the dialog box will not close if required parameters are not set.
- Click Save to apply the new resource to ServicePilot configuration.
- Check if the object has been created in your map and that indicators are populated after a few minutes.
This package will consume :
- 1 license object per interface monitored(per provisioned package) - datas in the IP Flow collection (Bytes/day part of the license)
Key field notes
- In the Policies tab, specify the policy or policies to apply to the package
- Basic Parameters tab:
- Source IP address Specify the Router or Switch IP address, sending flow records.
- Source interface index: Specify the SNMP index of the interface to monitor
- Interface Speed Parameters tab:
- Speed In Specify the interface speed in (bps) in order to enable in load calculation
- Speed out Specify the interface speed out (bps) in order to enable out load calculation