# Genesys Server
This package is designed to monitor a Genesys Server using SNMP.
This package automatically configures the ServicePilot Manager to collect statistics from the Genesys Server based on an
SNMP collection. It is designed to monitor and troubleshoot Genesys devices from one place. The statistics gathered in this way include:
CPU and Memoryutilization
Interfacestatus and utilization
Servicestatus and resource consumption
SNMP service must be installed, configured and started on the targeted Genesys Server(Security: read-only SNMP community and allowed host must be set).
Network Flows - It is necessary to ensure network connectivity between ServicePilot and the monitored device. In case of a network infrastructure with a firewall, all of the following flows must be opened:
- UDP/161 (SNMP): Between ServicePilot Manager and Genesys Server
- ICMP/Echo Request (Ping): Between ServicePilot Manager and Genesys Server
- UDP/162 (SNMP Trap): (Optional) Between Genesys Server and ServicePilot Agent
- ServicePilot Manager minimum version: 8.5
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place and if a ServicePilot Agent is required, that it is communicating correctly with the ServicePilot Manager.
Add resource using Views Configuration web interface
- As an administrative user of ServicePilot, open the ServicePilot web interface.
- Navigate to Administration. The Configuration > Views web page will open.
- Click on the view in which to place the new resource in the Views hierarchy on the left of the interface. The View editor section will show the existing view contents.
- From the Packages list on the right of the interface, click and drag the server-genesys package into the View editor and let go.
- The Resource properties dialog box will open to allow resource configuration.
- Click OK to close the Resource properties dialog box. Note that the dialog box will not close if required parameters are not set.
- Click Save to apply the new resource to ServicePilot configuration.
Key field notes
In the Monitoring Policies tab, specify the policy or policies to apply to the resource
Basic Parameters tab:
- IP address/FQDN: Specify the IP address, host name or FQDN for the Genesys Server, as resolvable by the machine on which the ServicePilot Manager is running
Monitoring Options tab: tick to enable the different monitoring options. The options available are:
- ICMP Ping: tick to get a ping status
- Interfaces: tick to get statistics for all network interfaces
- Disks: tick to get statistics for all disks
- Processes: tick to get statistics for all running processes
- Services: tick to get statistics for all services
- HOST RESOURCES