# HP Integrated Lights-Out Controller (iLO)
This package is designed to monitor an HP Integrated Lights-Out Controller using SNMP.
This package automatically configures the ServicePilot Manager to collect statistics from the HP iLO on which the SNMP service has been installed and configured. The statistics gathered in this way include:
- System Health
- Server Uptime
The HP iLO package supports all distribution which allow access to the CPQSINFO, CPQHLTH and CPQIDA MIBs. HP iLO 4 may respond to SNMP requests without SNMP Agents installed on the server OS if configured to handle SNMP requests itself. Otherwise AMS or Insight Agents will need to be installed on the HP server.
SNMP service must be installed, configured and started on the targeted iLO(Security: read-only SNMP community and allowed host must be set).
Network Flows - It is is necessary to ensure network connectivity between ServicePilot and the monitored device. In case of a network infrastructure using a firewall, all the ports below must be opened:
- UDP/161 (SNMP): Between ServicePilot Manager and iLO
- ICMP/Echo Request (Ping): Between ServicePilot Manager and iLO
- UDP/162 (SNMP Trap): (Optional) Between your iLO and ServicePilot Agent
- ServicePilot Manager minimum version: 8.5
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place and if a ServicePilot Agent is required, that it is communicating correctly with the ServicePilot Manager.
Add resource using Views Configuration web interface
- As an administrative user of ServicePilot, open the ServicePilot web interface.
- Navigate to Administration. The Configuration > Views web page will open.
- Click on the view in which to place the new resource in the Views hierarchy on the left of the interface. The View editor section will show the existing view contents.
- From the Packages list on the right of the interface, click and drag the server-hp-ilo package into the View editor and let go.
- The Resource properties dialog box will open to allow resource configuration.
- Click OK to close the Resource properties dialog box. Note that the dialog box will not close if required parameters are not set.
- Click Save to apply the new resource to ServicePilot configuration.
Key field notes
In the Monitoring Policies tab, specify the policy or policies to apply to the resource
Basic Parameters tab:
- IP address/FQDN: Specify the IP address, host name or FQDN for the HP iLO, as resolvable by the machine on which the ServicePilot Manager is running
Monitoring Options tab:
- HP OneView URL: URL to access a HP OneView web page
- ICMP Ping: Tick to get a Ping status