# Microsoft Hyper-V 2012
This package is designed to monitor a Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 Server using Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI).
This package automatically configures the ServicePilot Agent in order to monitor Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 Server by using WMI counters. The statistics gathered in this way include:
CPU and Memoryutilization
Interfacestatus and utilization
Host and guest machines are monitored.
It is preferable to install the ServicePilot Agent directly on the target server than using remote WMI collection.
- ServicePilot Agent installed on target machine: The ServicePilot Agent needs to run under an account with local administrative privileges. The ServicePilot Agent uses the local system account by default which has these privileges.
Network Flows - It is necessary to ensure network connectivity between ServicePilot and the monitored device. In case of a network infrastructure with a firewall, all of the following flows must be opened:
ServicePilot Agent installed on target machine:
- ServicePilot Manager Web server access (by default TCP/80 when using HTTP or TCP/443 when using HTTPS although this port is configurable): Between ServicePilot Agent and ServicePilot Manager
- ServicePilot Manager minimum version: 8.5
- ServicePilot Agent minimum version: 8.5 installed and configured
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place and if a ServicePilot Agent is required, that it is communicating correctly with the ServicePilot Manager.
Add resource using Views Configuration web interface
- As an administrative user of ServicePilot, open the ServicePilot web interface.
- Navigate to Administration. The Configuration > Views web page will open.
- Click on the view in which to place the new resource in the Views hierarchy on the left of the interface. The View editor section will show the existing view contents.
- From the Packages list on the right of the interface, click and drag the server-microsoft-hyper-v-2012 package into the View editor and let go.
- The Package properties dialog box will open to allow resource configuration.
- Click OK to close the Package properties dialog box. Note that the dialog box will not close if required parameters are not set.
- Click Save to apply the new resource to ServicePilot configuration.
Key field notes
- In the Monitoring Policies tab, specify the policy or policies to apply to the package