# Cisco CallManagerExpress Gateway
The ServicePilot Cisco CallManagerExpress Gateway package collects information for Cisco Routers with the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express feature enabled.
The Cisco CallManagerExpress Gateway package uses SNMP to query Cisco Routers with the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express feature enabled. The statistics gathered in this way include:
- Codec utilization
- DSP modules and processors
- Dial Peers
SNMP must be configured on the Cisco Router with Cisco CallManager Express Gateway (Security: SNMP v2c read-only access from the ServicePilot Manager IP address)
Network Flows - It is is necessary to ensure network connectivity between ServicePilot and the monitored device. In case of a network infrastructure using a firewall, all the ports below must be opened:
- UDP/161 (SNMP): Between ServicePilot Manager and Cisco Router with Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express
- UDP/162 (SNMP Trap): (Optional) Between Cisco Router with Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express and ServicePilot Agent
- ServicePilot Manager minimum version: 8.5
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place and if a ServicePilot Agent is required, that it is communicating correctly with the ServicePilot Manager.
Add resource using Views Configuration web interface
- As an administrative user of ServicePilot, open the ServicePilot web interface.
- Navigate to Administration. The Configuration > Views web page will open.
- Click on the view in which to place the new resource in the Views hierarchy on the left of the interface. The View editor section will show the existing view contents.
- From the Packages list on the right of the interface, click and drag the voip-cisco-callmanagerexpress-gateway package into the View editor and let go.
- The Resource properties dialog box will open to allow resource configuration.
- Click OK to close the Resource properties dialog box. Note that the dialog box will not close if required parameters are not set.
- Click Save to apply the new resource to ServicePilot configuration.
Key field notes
In the Monitoring Policies tab, specify the policy or policies to apply to the resource
- Basic Parameters tab:
- IP address/FQDN: Specify the IP address, host name or FQDN for the Cisco CallManagerExpress Gateway, as resolvable by the machine on which ServicePilot Manager is running
- See the Cisco Gateway package for Channels utilization.