# Cisco VoIP Gateway
The ServicePilot Manager Cisco Gateway package collects information for Cisco Gateways using SNMP.
This package automatically configures the ServicePilot Manager to collect statistics from the Cisco Gateway on which
SNMP Service has been configured. The statistics gathered in this way include:
- Trunk Usage form ISDN or CAS Channel interface
- ISDN Calls
- ISDN Line status
- Network Interface statistics
SNMP must be configured and started on each Cisco Gateway (Security: SNMP v2c read-only access from the ServicePilot Manager IP address)
Network Flows - It is is necessary to ensure network connectivity between ServicePilot and the monitored device. In case of a network infrastructure using a firewall, the port below must be opened:
- UDP/161 (SNMP): Between ServicePilot Manager and Cisco Gateway
- ICMP/Echo Request (Ping): Between ServicePilot Manager and Cisco Gateway
- UDP/162 (SNMP Trap): (Optional) Between Cisco Gateway and ServicePilot Agent
- ServicePilot Manager minimum version: 8.5
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place and if a ServicePilot Agent is required, that it is communicating correctly with the ServicePilot Manager.
Add resource using Views Configuration web interface
- As an administrative user of ServicePilot, open the ServicePilot web interface.
- Navigate to Administration. The Configuration > Views web page will open.
- Click on the view in which to place the new resource in the Views hierarchy on the left of the interface. The View editor section will show the existing view contents.
- From the Packages list on the right of the interface, click and drag the voip-cisco-gateway package into the View editor and let go.
- The Package properties dialog box will open to allow resource configuration.
- Click OK to close the Package properties dialog box. Note that the dialog box will not close if required parameters are not set.
- Click Save to apply the new resource to ServicePilot configuration.
Key field notes
In the Monitoring Policies tab, specify the policy or policies to apply to the package
Basic Parameters tab:
- IP address/FQDN: Specify the IP address, host name or FQDN for the Cisco Gateway, as resolvable by the machine on which ServicePilot Manager is running
- ICMP Ping: tick to get ping (availability and response time) statistics for the Cisco Gateway
- Interfaces: tick to get statistics for all interfaces of the Cisco Gateway
Monitoring Options tab:
- ISDN: tick to discover and monitor ISDN interfaces
- ISDN Calls: tick to get additional information (call type and calling numbers) for each call
- CAS Channel: tick to discover CAS Channel interfaces
- DS1 Lines: tick to get details about ISDN Signalling Status whether it is free or not