# Microsoft Lync 2010 Quality of Experience
The ServicePilot Microsoft Lync 2010 Quality of Experience package obtains call quality records from a Lync monitoring database.
The Microsoft Lync 2010 Quality of Experience package configures the ServicePilot Agent to obtain call quality records from a Lync monitoring database using Microsoft SQL database access. Details collected include:
- Call records
- Call quality details
Network Flows - It is is necessary to ensure network connectivity between ServicePilot and the monitored device. In case of a network infrastructure using a firewall, all the ports below must be opened:
- ServicePilot Manager Web server access (by default TCP/80 when using HTTP or TCP/443 when using HTTPS although this port is configurable): Between ServicePilot Agent and ServicePilot Manager
- TCP/1433 (Default) (Microsoft SQL): Between ServicePilot Agent and Microsoft SQL Server
- UDP/1434 (SQL Server Browser service): Between ServicePilot Agent and Microsoft SQL Server. Note that if firewalls are being implemented then it is preferable to set a fixed port for Microsoft SQL database instance access that is on TCP/1433 by default.
- If Windows domain authentication is being used then connectivity between the ServicePilot Agent and Windows Domain Controllers for authentication, time synchronization, group policy, etc.
Third Party Configuration
- Created an SQL Server Authentication Login for the Microsoft SQL Server database instance or a Windows domain account used by the ServicePilot Agent
- Created and associated a database User with read permissions in the databases monitored to the Login
- Allowed IP remote access to the Microsoft SQL Server database instance and associated firewall rules
- ServicePilot Manager minimum version: 8.5
- ServicePilot Agent minimum version: 8.5 installed and configured
- A Call Quality by Zone Or Network resource imported into the configuration for the ServicePilot Agent
- A SQL Login account
in case of database monitoringwith SQL authentication
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place and if a ServicePilot Agent is required, that it is communicating correctly with the ServicePilot Manager.
Add resource using Views Configuration web interface
- As an administrative user of ServicePilot, open the ServicePilot web interface.
- Navigate to Administration. The Configuration > Views web page will open.
- Click on the view in which to place the new resource in the Views hierarchy on the left of the interface. The View editor section will show the existing view contents.
- From the Packages list on the right of the interface, click and drag the voip-microsoft-lync-2010-qoe package into the View editor and let go.
- The Resource properties dialog box will open to allow resource configuration.
- Click OK to close the Resource properties dialog box. Note that the dialog box will not close if required parameters are not set.
- Click Save to apply the new resource to ServicePilot configuration.
Key field notes
In the Monitoring Policies tab, specify the policy or policies to apply to the resource
CDR Access tab:
- IP address/FQDN: Specify the IP address, host name or FQDN for the monitoring database server, as resolvable by the machine on which ServicePilot Agent is running
- Database Instance Name: Specify the database instance to monitor
- Database port: Specify the the port through which to connect to the monitoring database
- Authentication Type: Select the type of authentication to use to connect to the monitoring database
- Database Login: Specify the username of the SQL login account (only for SQL authentication)
- Database Password: Specify the password of the SQL login account (only for SQL authentication)
- Customer Name: Specify the customer name
- Polling frequency (sec):
optionalSpecify the interval (min 60s) at which ServicePilot will poll the CDR Database
- External extension pattern: A pipe separated list of Like Operator patterns to Specify an extension as external to the enterprise. Starting the list with an ! will reverse the meaning, so then list internal extensions instead (Default: 0|+). See the Like Operator (Visual Basic).
- Mask Extensions: Tick to mask user portion of numbers
Is using an SQL Login account. The it is recommended to set the following:
- Enforece password expiration: Off
- User must change password at next login: Off
- Default database: QoEMetrics
- Server roll: public
- Map QoEMetrics database user for the user used by ServicePilot with a db_datareader schema