# Cisco UCS-C Series
This package aims at monitoring Cisco UCS-C series servers using SNMP.
This package automatically configures the ServicePilot Manager to monitor Cisco UCS-C series servers based on an
SNMP collection. The statistics gathered in this way include:
- Global System Information (CPU, Memory)
- Storage health and performance (Disks, Luns,Raid Batteries)
- Chassis health and performance (Boards, Fans, Power Supplies, Rack Units)
SNMP Servicemust be configured (Security: read-only SNMP community and allowed host must be set) and started on the targeted machine.
Network Flows - It is necessary to ensure network connectivity between ServicePilot and the monitored device. In case of a network infrastructure with a firewall, all of the following flows must be opened:
- UDP/161 (SNMP): Between ServicePilot Manager and Cisco UCS
- UDP/162 (SNMP Trap): (Optional) Between Cisco UCS and ServicePilot Agent
- ServicePilot Manager minimum version: 8.5
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place and if a ServicePilot Agent is required, that it is communicating correctly with the ServicePilot Manager.
Add resource using Views Configuration web interface
- As an administrative user of ServicePilot, open the ServicePilot web interface.
- Navigate to Administration. The Configuration > Views web page will open.
- Click on the view in which to place the new resource in the Views hierarchy on the left of the interface. The View editor section will show the existing view contents.
- From the Packages list on the right of the interface, click and drag the network-cisco-ucs-c-series package into the View editor and let go.
- The Resource properties dialog box will open to allow resource configuration.
- Click OK to close the Resource properties dialog box. Note that the dialog box will not close if required parameters are not set.
- Click Save to apply the new resource to ServicePilot configuration.
Key field notes
In the Monitoring Policies tab, specify the policy or policies to apply to the resource
- Basic Parameters tab:
- IP address/FQDN: Specify the IP address, host name or FQDN for the Cisco UCS-C series server, as resolvable by the machine on which ServicePilot Manager is running