# Microsoft Exchange 2003
This package monitors the availability and performance of Microsoft Exchange 2003 application on a Microsoft Windows server.
This package automatically configures the ServicePilot Windows System Agent in order to monitor Microsoft Exchange 2003 by using WMI counters. The statistics gathered in this way include:
- Microsoft Exchange IS (Information Store)
- Microsoft Exchange MTA (Message Transfer Agent)
- Microsoft Exchange service and process
'It is necessary to install the ServicePilot Windows System Agent directly on the target server.' The Windows System Agent needs to run under an account with local administrative privileges. The Windows System Agent** uses the local system account by default which has these privileges.
- ServicePilot Manager minimum version: 8.5
- ServicePilot Windows System Agent Minimum version: 8.5 installed and configured 'on the target server.'
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place and that ServicePilot Agent is communicating correctly with the ServicePilot Manager. Resources can be added to ServicePilot configuration using Views Configuration web interface
- As an administrative user of ServicePilot, open the ServicePilot web interface.
- Navigate to Administration. The Configuration > Views web page will open.
- Click on the view in which to place the new resource in the Views hierarchy on the left of the interface. The View editor section will show the existing view contents.
- From the Packages list on the right of the interface, click and drag the application-microsoft-exchange-2003 package into the View editor and let go.
- The Package properties dialog box will open to allow resource configuration.
- Click OK to close the Package properties dialog box. Note that the dialog box will not close if required parameters are not set.
- Click Save to apply the new resource to ServicePilot configuration.
- Check if the objects has been created in your map and that indicators are populated after a few minutes.
This package will consume 15 license object per provisioned package.
- 1 for LDAP Statistics
- 1 for Authentication Statistics
- 1 for replication Statistics
- 2 for critical processes monitoring
- 10 for critical services monitoring
Key field notes
- In the Monitoring Policies tab, specify the policy or policies to apply to the package