# Avaya Gateway
The ServicePilot Manager Avaya Gateway package collects information for Avaya G230/250/350/430/450 Gateways.
This package automatically configures the ServicePilot Manager to collect statistics from Avaya Gateway on which
SNMP Service has been configured. The statistics gathered in this way include:
- System information
- H248 link status
- VoIP Engine state and channel utilization
- DSP Core state and channel utilization
- Network interface statistics
SNMP must be installed and configured on the Avaya Gateway (Security: SNMP v2c read-only access from the
ServicePilot ManagerIP address)
- See Avaya Application Notes for details
Network Flows - It is is necessary to ensure network connectivity between ServicePilot and the monitored device. In case of a network infrastructure using a firewall, the port below must be opened:
- UDP/161 (SNMP): Between ServicePilot Manager and Avaya Gateway
- ICMP/Echo Request (Ping): Between ServicePilot Manager and Avaya Gateway
- UDP/162 (SNMP Trap): (Optional) Between Avaya Gateway and ServicePilot Agent
- ServicePilot Manager minimum version: 8.5
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place and if a ServicePilot Agent is required, that it is communicating correctly with the ServicePilot Manager.
Add resource using Views Configuration web interface
- As an administrative user of ServicePilot, open the ServicePilot web interface.
- Navigate to Administration. The Configuration > Views web page will open.
- Click on the view in which to place the new resource in the Views hierarchy on the left of the interface. The View editor section will show the existing view contents.
- From the Packages list on the right of the interface, click and drag the voip-avaya-gateway package into the View editor and let go.
- The Package properties dialog box will open to allow resource configuration.
- Click OK to close the Package properties dialog box. Note that the dialog box will not close if required parameters are not set.
- Click Save to apply the new resource to ServicePilot configuration.
- Basic Parameters tab, complete the fields as follows:
- Gateway IP Address: Specify the IP address of the Avaya Gateway, as resolvable by the machine on which ServicePilot Manager is running