# Cisco VCS
The ServicePilot Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server package collects information for Cisco VCSs.
The Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server package configures the ServicePilot Agent to obtain Cisco VCS inventory and performance details using Cisco HTTP GET connections. Details collected depend on the device type:
- Temperature, Voltage, Fan Status
- System Health
Network Flows - It is is necessary to ensure network connectivity between ServicePilot and the monitored device. In case of a network infrastructure using a firewall, all the ports below must be opened:
- ICMP/Echo Request (Ping): Between ServicePilot Manager and Cisco VCSs
- TCP/80 (Default) (HTTP GET): Between ServicePilot Agent and Cisco VCSs
- ServicePilot Manager Web server access (by default TCP/80 when using HTTP or TCP/443 when using HTTPS although this port is configurable): Between ServicePilot Agent and ServicePilot Manager
Third Party Configuration
- The Cisco VCS needs a user with valid password to access the HTTP GET interface
- ServicePilot Manager minimum version: 8.5
- ServicePilot Agent minimum version: 8.5 installed and configured
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place and if a ServicePilot Agent is required, that it is communicating correctly with the ServicePilot Manager.
Add resource using Views Configuration web interface
- As an administrative user of ServicePilot, open the ServicePilot web interface.
- Navigate to Administration. The Configuration > Views web page will open.
- Click on the view in which to place the new resource in the Views hierarchy on the left of the interface. The View editor section will show the existing view contents.
- From the Packages list on the right of the interface, click and drag the voip-cisco-vcs package into the View editor and let go.
- The Package properties dialog box will open to allow resource configuration.
- Click OK to close the Package properties dialog box. Note that the dialog box will not close if required parameters are not set.
- Click Save to apply the new resource to ServicePilot configuration.
Key field notes
In the Monitoring Policies tab, specify the policy or policies to apply to the package
Basic Parameters tab:
- IP address/FQDN: Specify the IP address, host name or FQDN for the Cisco VCS, as resolvable by the machine on which ServicePilot Agent is running
- Connection Type: Specify if the HTTP GET connection happens over HTTP or HTTPS
- User name: Specify Cisco VCS HTTP GET username
- Password: Specify Cisco VCS HTTP GET password
- Polling Interval (sec): Specify the polling frequency. Minimum of 60 seconds.
Monitoring Options tab:
- ICMP Ping: Tick to enable ICMP Ping to the Cisco VCS