# TCP Application
This package monitors TCP application server Response Time using ServicePilot Agent.
This package automatically configures the ServicePilot Manager to collect statistics from a TCP Application using the ServicePilot Agent by checking TCP Server Response Time with protocols such as FTP, SMTP, HTTP, Telnet.
Network Flows - It is is necessary to ensure network connectivity between ServicePilot and the monitored device. In case of a network infrastructure using a firewall, all the ports below must be opened:
- TCP/Application Port: Between ServicePilot Agent and TCP Application Server
- ServicePilot Manager Web server access (by default TCP/80 when using HTTP or TCP/443 when using HTTPS although this port is configurable): Between ServicePilot Agent and ServicePilot Manager
- ServicePilot Manager minimum version: 8.5
- ServicePilot Agent Minimum version 8.5: installed and configured
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place and if a ServicePilot Agent is required, that it is communicating correctly with the ServicePilot Manager.
Add resource using Views Configuration web interface
- As an administrative user of ServicePilot, open the ServicePilot web interface.
- Navigate to Administration. The Configuration > Views web page will open.
- Click on the view in which to place the new resource in the Views hierarchy on the left of the interface. The View editor section will show the existing view contents.
- From the Packages list on the right of the interface, click and drag the application-tcp package into the View editor and let go.
- The Resource properties dialog box will open to allow resource configuration.
- Click OK to close the Resource properties dialog box. Note that the dialog box will not close if required parameters are not set.
- Click Save to apply the new resource to ServicePilot configuration.
Key field notes
In the Monitoring Policies tab, specify the policy or policies to apply to the resource
Basic Parameters tab:
- Target IP address/FQDN: Specify the IP address, host name or FQDN for the TCP Application Server, as resolvable by the machine on which the ServicePilot Agent is running
- TCP Port: Specify the port used by the TCP Application server
Protocol tab:Select the required protocol from FTP, HTTP, SMTP, Telnet.