This package is designed to monitor a Nutanix environment.
This obtains information for a Nutanix environement using SNMP. The statistics gathered in this way include:
- Cluster: Status and total utilization
- Controller VM: Status and total utilization
- Hypervisor: Hypervisor utilization
- VM: VM utilization
- Storage Pool: Storage Pool utilization
- Container: Container utilization
- Disk: Disk state and utilization
Network Flows - It is is necessary to ensure network connectivity between ServicePilot and the printer. In case of a network infrastructure using a firewall, all the ports below must be opened:
- UDP/161 (SNMP): Between ServicePilot Manager and Nutanix
- UDP/162 (SNMP Trap): (Optional) Between Nutanix and ServicePilot Agent
- ServicePilot Manager minimum version: 9.0
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place and if a ServicePilot Agent is required, that it is communicating correctly with the ServicePilot Manager.
Add resource using Views Configuration web interface
- As an administrative user of ServicePilot, open the ServicePilot web interface.
- Navigate to Administration. The Configuration > Views web page will open.
- Click on the view in which to place the new resource in the Views hierarchy on the left of the interface. The View editor section will show the existing view contents.
- From the Packages list on the right of the interface, click and drag the server-nutanix package into the View editor and let go.
- The Resource properties dialog box will open to allow resource configuration.
- Click OK to close the Resource properties dialog box. Note that the dialog box will not close if required parameters are not set.
- Click Save to apply the new resource to ServicePilot configuration.
|Object Type||License object Consumed||Condition|
|Ping||1||If ICMP Ping enabled|
|Nutanix Controller VM||1 per Controller VM||If Controller VMs enabled|
|Nutanix Hypervisor||1 per Hypervisor||If Hypervisors enabled|
|Nutanix VM||1 per VM||If VMs enabled|
|Nutanix Storage Pool||1 per Storage Pool||If Storage Pools enabled|
|Nutanix Container||1 per Container||If Containers enabled|
|Nutanix Disk||1 per Disk||If Disks enabled|
Key field notes
In the Monitoring Policies tab, specify the policy or policies to apply to the resource
Monitoring Options tab:
- ICMP Ping: tick to get Ping status.
- Controller VMs: tick to get Controller VM details.
- Hypervisors: tick to get Hypervisor details.
- VMs: tick to get VM details.
- Storage Pools: tick to get Storage Pool details.
- Containers: tick to get Container details.
- Disks: tick to get Disk details.
Controller VMs tab:
- Included Controller VMs: Optional | separated list of Controller VMs to include.
- Excluded Controller VMs: Optional | separated list of Controller VMs to exclude.
- Included Hypervisors: Optional | separated list of Hypervisors to include.
- Excluded Hypervisors: Optional | separated list of Hypervisors to exclude.
- Included VMs: Optional | separated list of VMs to include.
- Excluded VMs: Optional | separated list of VMs to exclude.
Storage Pools tab:
- Included Storage Pools: Optional | separated list of Storage Pools to include.
- Excluded Storage Pools: Optional | separated list of Storage Pools to exclude.
- Included Containers: Optional | separated list of Containers to include.
- Excluded Containers: Optional | separated list of Containers to exclude.
- Included Disks: Optional | separated list of Disks to include.
- Excluded Disks: Optional | separated list of Disks to exclude.
Note: Each element of a "|" separated list is a regular expression as defined by Like Operator (Visual Basic)