# Linux Server (Zabbix)
This package is designed to monitor a Linux Server using the Zabbix Agent.
This package automatically configures the ServicePilot Manager to collect statistics from the Linux Server on which the Zabbix Agent has been installed and configured using the ServicePilot Agent. The statistics gathered in this way include:
CPU and Memoryutilization
Interfacestatus and utilization
Processstatus and resource consumption
Zabbix Agent (v2.0.0 to x2.2.x) must be installed and configured (passive mode and allowed host must be set) and started on each target device.
Network Flows - It is necessary to ensure network connectivity between ServicePilot and the monitored device. In case of a network infrastructure using a firewall, all of the following flows must be opened:
- ServicePilot Manager Web server access (by default TCP/80 when using HTTP or TCP/443 when using HTTPS although this port is configurable): Between ServicePilot Agent and ServicePilot Manager
- TCP/10050: Between ServicePilot Agent and Zabbix Agent
- ServicePilot Manager minimum version: 8.5
- ServicePilot Agent minimum version: 8.5 installed and configured
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place and if a ServicePilot Agent is required, that it is communicating correctly with the ServicePilot Manager.
Add resource using Views Configuration web interface
- As an administrative user of ServicePilot, open the ServicePilot web interface.
- Navigate to Administration. The Configuration > Views web page will open.
- Click on the view in which to place the new resource in the Views hierarchy on the left of the interface. The View editor section will show the existing view contents.
- From the Packages list on the right of the interface, click and drag the server-linux-zabbix package into the View editor and let go.
- The Resource properties dialog box will open to allow resource configuration.
- Click OK to close the Resource properties dialog box. Note that the dialog box will not close if required parameters are not set.
- Click Save to apply the new resource to ServicePilot configuration.
Key field notes
In the Monitoring Policies tab, specify the policy or policies to apply to the resource
Basic Parameters tab:
- IP address/FQDN: Specify the IP address, host name or FQDN for the Linux Server (on which Zabbix Agent is installed), as resolvable by the machine on which ServicePilot Agent is running
- Zabbix Agent Port: Specify the port number on which the Zabbix Agent is listening. (Default: 10050)
- Interaface Filter: Specify the list of interfaces to monitor separated by | (e.g. eth0|eth1)
- Process Filter: Specify the list of processes to monitor separated by | (e.g. zabbix_agentd|firefox-bin)
- Mount Point Filter: Specify the list of processes to monitor separated by | (e.g. /home|/tmp)
Each element of the Interface/Process/Mount Point Filer lists is a regular expression as defined by Like Operator (Visual Basic)
The following fields in the Zabbix Agent configuration file are recommended if using the Zabbix Agent with ServicePilot:
- Server: The IP of the machine where the ServicePilot Agent is installed
- Uncomment StartAgents and set to 10
- Comment ServerActive
- If Hostname is commented, the default hostname of your machine will be used as a hostname else the value specified will be used
- Uncomment Timeout and set it to 10