# Service (SNMP)
This package is designed to monitor services using SNMP.
This package automatically configures the ServicePilot Manager to collect statistics from selected services from the server on which the SNMP service has been installed and configured.
It supports all Microsoft Windows versions that provide the LanMgr-Mib-II-MIB.
SNMP service must be installed, configured and started on the targeted Windows Server machine(Security: read-only SNMP community and allowed host must be set).
Network Flows - It is necessary to ensure network connectivity between ServicePilot and the monitored device. In case of a network infrastructure with a firewall, all of the following flows must be opened:
- UDP/161 (SNMP): Between ServicePilot Manager and Microsoft Windows Server
- ServicePilot Manager minimum version: 8.5
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place and if a ServicePilot Agent is required, that it is communicating correctly with the ServicePilot Manager.
Add resource using Views Configuration web interface
- As an administrative user of ServicePilot, open the ServicePilot web interface.
- Navigate to Administration. The Configuration > Views web page will open.
- Click on the view in which to place the new resource in the Views hierarchy on the left of the interface. The View editor section will show the existing view contents.
- From the Packages list on the right of the interface, click and drag the server-service-snmp package into the View editor and let go.
- The Resource properties dialog box will open to allow resource configuration.
- Click OK to close the Resource properties dialog box. Note that the dialog box will not close if required parameters are not set.
- Click Save to apply the new resource to ServicePilot configuration.
Key field notes
In the Monitoring Policies tab, specify the policy or policies to apply to the resource
Basic Parameters tab:
- IP address/FQDN: IP address, host name or FQDN of the Microsoft Windows Server on which to monitor Services
- Services: Services to monitor. One service definition per line and each line with the following format: servicename, alias
- Create View: Place the service objects in a sub-view. Disable this option if this package is included an another package as a dependency.