What is Elasticsearch?
Elasticsearch is a software using Lucene for indexing and searching data. It provides a distributed search engine written in Java and distributed under the Elastic license.
ServicePilot monitors an Elasticsearch cluster by querying the Elasticserarch API URL from a ServicePilot Agent. Depending on access to this URL, the ServicePilot Agent might need to be installed on the same machine as Elasticsearch.
Monitoring statistics collected and analysed include:
- Cluster information: Status, Nodes, Shards, Tasks, Fetches
- Per node usage: Name, IP, role, Heap, RAM ,CPU and disk usage
It is necessary to install the ServicePilot System agent directly on the target server.
- ServicePilot requirements
- ServicePilot System Agent installed and configured on the target server.
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place.
Follow the documentation to add a resource to ServicePilot.
Key field notes
- URL: Elasticsearch API URL including port number
- Username: REST API basic username, if required
- Password: REST API basic password, if required
In the Policies tab, specify the policy or policies to apply to the resource
|Object Type||License object Consumed||Condition|
|Elasticsarch Cluster||1 per cluster|
|Elasticsarch Node||1 per node|
How to install a elasticsearch resource?
- Use your ServicePilot OnPremise installation or a SaaS account.
- Add a new elasticsearch resource via the web interface (
/prmresources) or via API (
/prmpackagespage), the default ServicePilot agent or another agent will be provisioned automatically.
Details of the elasticsearch package are located in the
/prmpackagespage of the software.
ServicePilot enables you to deliver IT services faster and more securely with automated discovery and advanced monitoring features.
By correlating the technology ELASTICSEARCH with APM and infrastructure monitoring, ServicePilot is able to provide a more comprehensive view of an organization's IT environment.
This allows IT teams to quickly identify and diagnose issues that may be impacting application performance, and take corrective action before end-users are affected.
Start with a free trial of our SaaS solution. Explore ourplans or contact us to find what works best for you.