## What is Microsoft Azure Cloud?
Created in 2010, Microsoft Azure is the cloud computing platform on which Microsoft offers hosting (applications and data) and services (workflow, data storage and synchronization, message bus, contacts...) in its own data centers.
Microsoft Azure Cloud monitoring
This package automatically configures the ServicePilot Agent in order to monitor availability and performance of several Microsoft Azure resources and services with the Microsoft APIs.
ServicePilot can collect metrics for various services:
- Management (Monitor, Resources deployments, Recovery and Backup status...)
- Network (ExpressRoute, network interfaces...)
- Storage (Availability, number of transactions, volume used...)
- Virtual Machines (Status, CPU, Disks, Network...)
- Databases (Status, sizes,...)