What is a Juniper SRX Firewall?
Juniper Networks is well-known for its specialization in networking and telecommunications hardware and software services. One of its flagship product lines is the Juniper SRX Firewall, a high-performance network firewall designed to provide top-tier security services.
The Juniper SRX series firewall is renowned for its superior threat detection and prevention capabilities. It provides robust protection against a wide range of cyber threats, including malware, DDoS attacks, intrusions, and more. It is equipped with advanced network security features, such as unified threat management (UTM), intrusion prevention system (IPS) and secure VPN.
How to monitor Juniper SRX firewalls?
ServicePilot makes it very easy to monitor Juniper SRX firewalls. Simply configure the SNMP interface of the Juniper SRX firewall device. Then use the ServicePilot web interface to add a resource from the ServicePilot security-juniper-srx-firewall package.
The monitoring statistics gathered in this way include:
- Network: Ping Response Time and Interfaces activity
- System: Memory
- Environnment: Fan, Temperature and Power Supply
- SPU: CPU Usage, Memory Usage, Current Flow Session, Current CP Session, Flow Session IPv4/IPv6 and CP Session IPv4/IPv6.
- VPN : Status, LocalRole, In/Out Encrypted Bytes and Pkts, Relay Drop, AH Auth Fails, Esp Auth Fails, Decrypt Auth Fails, Active and Life Time.
How to install a juniper-srx-firewall resource?
- Use your ServicePilot OnPremise installation or a SaaS account.
- Add a new juniper-srx-firewall resource via the web interface (
/prmresources) or via API (
/prmpackagespage), the default ServicePilot agent or another agent will be provisioned automatically.
Details of the juniper-srx-firewall package are located in the
/prmpackagespage of the software.
ServicePilot enables you to deliver IT services faster and more securely with automated discovery and advanced monitoring features.
By correlating the technology JUNIPER SRX FIREWALL with APM and infrastructure monitoring, ServicePilot is able to provide a more comprehensive view of an organization's IT environment.
This allows IT teams to quickly identify and diagnose issues that may be impacting application performance, and take corrective action before end-users are affected.