What is Linux Server SP Agent?
The Linux SP Agent is a C++ piece of software that allows to monitor and provide performance metrics for the several Linux server distributions such as:
Linux Server SP Agent monitoring
This package is designed to monitor Linux Servers using the ServicePilot Linux System Agent.
This package automatically configures the ServicePilot Manager to collect statistics from the Linux server on which the ServicePilot Linux System Agent has been deployed. The statistics gathered in this way include:
- System: CPU and Memory utilization, global network and disk IOs
- Storage: detailed filesystem utilization
- Network: detailed interface status and utilization
- Applicative: running processes and related resource consumption
Why monitor Linux servers with the SP Agent?
There are several ways to monitor servers in ServicePilot but the Linux Server SP monitoring Agent is the easiest to set up and configure. It also offers more flexibility to increase the scope of monitoring and provide one click application performance correlation capabilities on the server.
This is very convenient whether you have a single server or hundreds of machines to monitor and administer. The more you use the Linux Server SP monitoring agent, the faster the provisioning and configuration of monitoring services are (no VPN to install, automatic provisioning ServicePilot...).
It is the monitoring software that can meet the needs of server monitoring:
- Easy to install
- No or little configuration
- Centralize access to supervised server statistics
- Very low consumption of system resources
- Ergonomic interface to visualize the collected data
- Installation on Linux Debian and Ubuntu
- APM, Log Management, Databases... in one click