What is Fortinet FortiAP?
Fortinet FortiAP is the Fortinet product line dedicated enterprise WiFi connectivity. Access points are managed centrally by the integrated WLAN controller of any FortiGate security appliance or through the FortiLAN.
Fortinet FortiAP monitoring
This package is designed to monitor a Fortinet FortiAP using SNMP.
This package automatically configures the ServicePilot Agent to collect statistics from Fortinet FortiAP based on an
The statistics gathered in this way include:
- SSID: Vlan, Stations Connected, Stations Limit, Admin Status, Operating Status
- Summary: Stations Connected, Stations Limit, System Uptime, Led Mode
SNMP Service must be configured (Security: read-only SNMP community and allowed host must be set) and started on the targeted machine.
Network Flows - It is necessary to ensure network connectivity between ServicePilot and the monitored device.
- UDP/161 (SNMP): Between ServicePilot Agent and Fortinet FortiAP
- ICMP/Echo Request (Ping): Between ServicePilot Agent and Fortinet FortiAP
Before adding a resource to monitor, make certain that all pre-requisites are in place.
Follow the documentation to add a resource to ServicePilot.
Key field notes
- General tab :
- IP address/FQDN: Specify the IP address/FQDN of the device, as resolvable by the machine on which ServicePilot Agent is running
- Interfaces: Enable automatic interface discovery
- Interface Filter: include only network interfaces with network connection names matching this pattern. If the first character of this field is a ! then exclude interfaces instead. The field is a | separated list of interface network connection names with * wildcard characters allowed. If the pattern starts and ends with / then this field is a regular expression instead.
- Custom interface speeds (bps) separated with '|': For network interfaces that do not report correct interface speeds (for example, asymmetric interfaces), a | separated list of speed overrides can be specified. Each element of the list consists of an SNMP interface table index or name or alias, an incoming speed and an outgoing speed, comma separated.
- Custom interface names separated with '|': To override the name of an interface specify a | separated list of interface index or interface name and new name, comma separated.
- Discover only connected interfaces: When looking for new interfaces, ignore all interfaces that are currently disconnected
|Object Type||License object Consumed||Condition|
|SSID||1 per SSID|
How to install a fortinet-fortiap resource?
- Use your ServicePilot OnPremise installation or a SaaS account.
- Add a new fortinet-fortiap resource via the web interface (
/prmresources) or via API (
/prmpackagespage), the default ServicePilot agent or another agent will be provisioned automatically.
Details of the fortinet-fortiap package are located in the
/prmpackagespage of the software.
ServicePilot enables you to deliver IT services faster and more securely with automated discovery and advanced monitoring features.
By correlating the technology FORTINET FORTIAP with APM and infrastructure monitoring, ServicePilot is able to provide a more comprehensive view of an organization's IT environment.
This allows IT teams to quickly identify and diagnose issues that may be impacting application performance, and take corrective action before end-users are affected.
Start with a free trial of our SaaS solution. Explore ourplans or contact us to find what works best for you.