What is a Cisco Call Manager Express Gateway?
The Cisco CallManagerExpress Gateway is a feature of Cisco routers that provides call processing for Cisco IP phones. This solution is ideal for small to medium-sized businesses and enterprise branch offices.
Key features of the Cisco CallManager Express Gateway include:
- Scalability: Can support networks with up to 450 users.
- Advanced Features: Supports a wide range of features, including call routing, call handling, conferencing, and more.
- Integration Capabilities: Can be integrated with other Cisco and third-party solutions, enabling businesses to create a unified, end-to-end communication solution.
The ServicePilot Cisco CallManager Express Gateway package collects information for Cisco Routers with the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express feature enabled. This includes data on call volume, call duration, call quality, and more, providing detailed insights into the performance of the Cisco Call Manager system.
How to monitor Cisco Call Manager Express Gateways?
ServicePilot makes it very easy to monitor Cisco Routers with the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express feature enabled. Simply configure the SNMP interface of the Cisco Router. Then use the ServicePilot web interface to add a resource from the ServicePilot voip-cisco-callmanagerexpress-gateway package.
The statistics gathered in this way include:
- Calls (Failed, Refused, Accepted)
- Codec utilization
- DSP modules and processors
- Dial Peers
How to install a cisco-callmanagerexpress-gateway resource?
- Use your ServicePilot OnPremise installation or a SaaS account.
- Add a new cisco-callmanagerexpress-gateway resource via the web interface (
/prmresources) or via API (
/prmpackagespage), the default ServicePilot agent or another agent will be provisioned automatically.
Details of the cisco-callmanagerexpress-gateway package are located in the
/prmpackagespage of the software.
ServicePilot enables you to deliver IT services faster and more securely with automated discovery and advanced monitoring features.
By correlating the technology CISCO CALLMANAGEREXPRESS GATEWAY with APM and infrastructure monitoring, ServicePilot is able to provide a more comprehensive view of an organization's IT environment.
This allows IT teams to quickly identify and diagnose issues that may be impacting application performance, and take corrective action before end-users are affected.