What is a Cisco CVP?
The Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal, often simply called Cisco CVP, is an intelligent interactive-voice-response (IVR) and call control system. It can be used as a standalone IVR or can be integrated transparently with a contact center.
Cisco CVP supports a wide range of features, including speech recognition, text-to-speech, and video, allowing businesses to create interactive, multimedia self-service applications. It can be integrated with other Cisco and third-party solutions, enabling businesses to create a unified, end-to-end customer service solution.
Key features of Cisco CVP include:
- Speech Recognition: Allows users to interact with the system using their voice, providing a hands-free, convenient user experience.
- Text-to-Speech: Converts written text into spoken words, enabling the system to communicate with users in a natural, human-like way.
- Video Support: Allows businesses to create interactive video applications, enhancing the user experience and providing more engaging, immersive self-service options.
- Integration Capabilities: Can be integrated with other Cisco and third-party solutions, enabling businesses to create a unified, end-to-end customer service solution.
How to monitor a Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal?
ServicePilot makes it very easy to monitor a Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal. Simply configure the SNMP interface of the Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal. Then use the ServicePilot web interface to add a resource from the ServicePilot voip-cisco-cvp package.
The statistics gathered in this way include:
- SIP Service
- IVR Service
- ICM Service
- Reporting Service
- H323 Service
- VXML Service
How to install a cisco-cvp resource?
- Use your ServicePilot OnPremise installation or a SaaS account.
- Add a new cisco-cvp resource via the web interface (
/prmresources) or via API (
/prmpackagespage), the default ServicePilot agent or another agent will be provisioned automatically.
Details of the cisco-cvp package are located in the
/prmpackagespage of the software.
ServicePilot enables you to deliver IT services faster and more securely with automated discovery and advanced monitoring features.
By correlating the technology CISCO CVP with APM and infrastructure monitoring, ServicePilot is able to provide a more comprehensive view of an organization's IT environment.
This allows IT teams to quickly identify and diagnose issues that may be impacting application performance, and take corrective action before end-users are affected.