What is Skype For Business Front-End Roles ?
Front-End Server is the core server role, it runs many basic Skype for Business Server functions. A Front End pool is multiple Front-end servers, configured identically, that work together to provide the Skype services for a common group of users.
- Skype for Business Front-end roles provide the main unified communications features of the platform :
- User authentication
- Address book services
- Instant Messaging
- Conferencing and conferences (if deployed)
- Application hosting, for both applications included with Skype for Business Server (such as Conferencing Attendant or Response Group application), and 3rd party applications
- Web components
- Archiving (if deployed)
Skype For Business Front-End Roles monitoring
The ServicePilot Skype For Business Front-End Roles package collects Front-End Role server or pool statistics.
- This package automatically configures the ServicePilot Manager to collect statistics from Skype For Business Front-End Roles using WMI. It discovers and provides statistics for each Front-End role depending on the services running on the server. The statistics gathered in this way include detailed metrics for :
- Front-End Web Components Health Counters
- Front-End Server statistics
- Front-End Conferencing Health Counters
- Front-End MCUs Health Counters
- Front-End Application Sharing Multipoint Conferencing Unit Counters
- Front-End Audio-Video Multipoint Conferencing Unit Counters
- Front-End Data Multipoint Conferencing Unit Counters
- Front-End Instant Messaging Multipoint Conferencing Unit Counters...