What is a Sipera Session Border Controller?
Sipera Session Border Controller, often called Sipera SBC for Enterprise, is a product that provides advanced application-layer security architecture for Unified Communications architectures. Developed by Avaya, it includes features such as Firewall, SBC, IDS/IPS, corporate policies, UC Proxy, and more enterprise advanced configuration capabilities.
The Sipera SBC is designed to protect and control real-time communications, particularly voice and video calls, over IP networks. It acts as a sort of firewall for SIP traffic, helping to prevent attacks, service overloads, and other threats that could disrupt communication services.
Key features of the Avaya Sipera SBC include:
- Advanced Security: The Sipera SBC provides advanced security features, including a firewall, IDS/IPS, and corporate policies, to protect real-time communications over IP networks.
- UC Proxy: The Sipera SBC includes a UC Proxy feature, which allows it to control and manage unified communications traffic.
- Enterprise Configuration Capabilities: The Sipera SBC offers advanced configuration capabilities, allowing it to be tailored to the specific needs of an enterprise.
How to monitor a Sipera SBC for Enterprise?
ServicePilot makes it very easy to monitor a Sipera Session Border Controller. Simply configure the SNMP interface of the Sipera Session Border Controller. Then use the ServicePilot web interface to add a resource from the ServicePilot voip-sipera-session-border-controller package.
The statistics gathered in this way include more than 50 indicators for:
- SIP Call statistics
- SIP Registration statistics
- SIP Protocol Message statistics
- SIP Protocol Error statistics
How to install a sipera-session-border-controller resource?
- Use your ServicePilot OnPremise installation or a SaaS account.
- Add a new sipera-session-border-controller resource via the web interface (
/prmresources) or via API (
/prmpackagespage), the default ServicePilot agent or another agent will be provisioned automatically.
Details of the sipera-session-border-controller package are located in the
/prmpackagespage of the software.
ServicePilot enables you to deliver IT services faster and more securely with automated discovery and advanced monitoring features.
By correlating the technology SIPERA SESSION BORDER CONTROLLER with APM and infrastructure monitoring, ServicePilot is able to provide a more comprehensive view of an organization's IT environment.
This allows IT teams to quickly identify and diagnose issues that may be impacting application performance, and take corrective action before end-users are affected.