What is Microsoft Lync ?
Microsoft Lync Server (formerly Microsoft Office Communications Server and nowadays called Skype for Business Server) is real-time communications server software that provides the infrastructure for enterprise instant messaging, presence, VoIP, ad hoc and structured conferences (audio, video and web conferencing) and PSTN connectivity through a third-party gateway or SIP trunk.
Microsoft Lync Monitoring
The ServicePilot Microsoft Lync Monitoring package monitors Microsoft Lync 2010 servers.
The Microsoft Lync Monitoring package automatically configures the ServicePilot Agent to obtain Microsoft Lync 2010 performance details using WMI. Details collected depend on the services running on the server:
- System information
- CPU, Memory, Process and Disk utilization and performance
- Network interface statistics
- Process performance and service status
- Application Service Role statistics
- Archiving Service Role statistics
- A/V Conferencing Role statistics
- Edge Role statistics
- Mediation Role statistics
- Monitoring Role statistics
- Users Service Role statistics
- Web Service Pole statistics